Wednesday 15 February 2017

Elder Scrolls Online: Homestead

ESO got housing last week! You can have more than one (you can buy all of them if you have the gold), and your guild can have official homes. And there are houses in all race styles.

With the update came lots of new crafting materials and achievements, as well as furnishing items that you can find in nodes and containers around the world. Which has turned my guild into crazy looters. Loot everything!!! And the market prices for the new items are through the roof, but they have slowly started to normalise.

The decorating system seems heavily influenced by Fallout 4's settlement building mechanics, and I'm not sure if I like that. I never liked the Fallout 4 settlement thing. But considering that nodbody's around to complain about things and I can do literally whatever I like in my house it may be better than Fallout 4. I was made decorator at a guildmate's house and the first thing I did was to pick up a tree and put it right in front of his front door. And then he followed suit and picked up all the vegetation and put it right in front of the house. So now it looks like a tornado came by and just dropped everything in front of his house xD

But what I've been the most excited about with this update is that it also introduced Master Crafting Writs. They are crafting quests that you have a small chance of getting when you turn in your crafting dailies, and the better the crafter the better chance to get them. And I love getting them because they are usually a little bit of a challenge and you have to go to crafting stations out in the world where you haven't been before. The crafting dailies are usually the same three requests on a loop, but with master writs you never know what you'll get and it's so much fun. I've gotten five since the update last Monday.

I haven't yet bought a house, but I've been looking around and I think I've decided which one to get when I finally get the gold.

Here's a sample of some of the bigger houses (but not the biggest):
 1). Wood Elf style. 2). Khajiit style. 3). Argonian style 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!