Monday 2 January 2017

2016 in categories

List stolen from Ell and translated.

Music of the Year: It's been a very mixed year. Top 5 songs from iTunes are:
Mostly girls, which is an achievement considering that male fronted is a lot more common than female fronted when it comes to hard rock and metal :)

Best Movie of the Year: It's been a very bad movie year. We only saw two movies at the cinema; Deadpool and Fantastic Beasts. I've watched almost 20 black-and-white movies though, and we did make an effort to watch all the X-men movies. But being the way I am I have to say Fantastic Beasts. It's been so long since I've been looking forward to a movie like that, and the fact that it didn't disappoint just made me so happy. 

Best Book of the Year: It's been a good book-year, and despite that it may not be the absolutely best book I've read this year, no other book has given me feelings like the Cursed Child. Good feelings. And no other book made me cry for 15 minutes after I had finished reading it (although The Fault in Our Stars came close). So this award goes to Cursed Child.

Best TV show of the Year: I follow so many. But I've been hooked on X-files for most of the year so the award can't go anywhere else. 

Most good-looking: I hardly ever think of these things long-term anymore. It's usually just a fleeting "oh s/he looks nice" and then I forget about it. And thinking back now, trying to remember, I come up with two guys and I can't decide which one so here we go: DJ Ashba from Sixx:A.M. (couldn't stop looking at him during their live at Sweden Rock), and Chris Pohl from Blutengel (because I always find myself staring at him while watching their videos halfway forgetting the music). 

Most Important Happening of the Year: I quit from my first ever job and it felt great!

Did you do something this year that you've never done before? See above. But I also went with my dad to Germany to do some B2B at the world's largest confectionary convention in Cologne, Germany.

Do you have any New Years resolutions? No. I don't do that. Ever.

Did any of your friends become parents this year? Not any of my friends, but a large chunk of my acquaintances did. My Facebook wall is overflowing with pictures of babies and babybumps. 

Which countries did you visit? I'm assuming travelling back and forth in Sweden doesn't count :P I went to Germany, Denmark and a couple of hours in Finland. 

What was your biggest success in your career? Getting many more hours in my current job, making it almost stable.

And your biggest success privately? I've almost taught myself to like fish.

What did you spend the most money on? Books, probably xD

Best buy? I don't know. I've been trying to save money all year so I haven't bought much. But from what I can remember... Possibly my Garrus Pop Vinyl Figure.

Did anything make you really happy? Nothing brings feelings like really good concerts. I cried when Lordi played Blood Red Sandman, and that's probably the happiest feeling I've had this year.

Were you happier or sadder this year compared with other years? It's been pretty much the same level since 2012 :P

What do you wish you'd done more? Write. I haven't written more than a couple of sentences in the last 6 months. 

What did you do for your birthday in 2016? A job interview that failed and also work. Who has time for celebrations mid-week in mid-November? :P

How would you describe your personal style in 2016? Same as recent years. Black. And mostly jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts. 

Anything you missed in 2016 that you want more of in 2017? Money :P

The food you mostly ate in 2016? It's either chicken or sushi. I love chicken.

Biggest wish right now? To get a full-time job that pays me well enough that I don't have to worry. I doesn't have to be an amazing salary, I don't need to be rich. I just want enough that I don't have to worry about it being enough to get me through the month. 

Is there anything that would make your year better? If people could stop dying, that would be great.

What made you feel good? Knowing that the manager at the job I quit was fired shortly after. Avarice feels good.

Who did you miss? My best friend. We did not talk as much as I would've liked this year.

What makes you the most proud? Nothing has really made me proud this year. None of my achievements have been that grand...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!