Thursday 1 September 2016

August favourites 2016

Okay so when I said that August was more autumn-y than the other summer months I didn't mean that the weather should turn autumn immediately. But that's basically what happened. A very rainy and unusually cold August has come to an end.

Books: I've managed four books this month. I thought I'd only manage one, because it was very long, in small print and old-fashioned language. But I still managed three more! :D I'm not sure which my favourite this month is, because they all had their faults although I liked all of them. But I think I'm getting on the hype train for The Fault in Our Stars.

Music: Mostly J-pop this month. I've sort of rediscovered the glory of old Morning Musume. But also some other things.
• Berryz Koubou - "Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka de" & "cha cha Sing"

• Mitsui Aika - "Watashi no Miryoku ni Kizukanai Donkan na Hito" & Muten Musume - "Appare Kaitenzushi"

• Morning Musume - "Dou ni ka shite Douyoubi" & "21 seiki"

• Akagumi 4 - "Akai Nikkichou" & Hello! Project - "Hello! Mata Aou ne"

• Kyo - "Récidiviste" & The Ink Spots - "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire"


Games: I've played a fair few games this month. I completed Game of Thrones. Played two mods for Skyrim. Started a new playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition. Got a craving for The Sims Medieval and played that. Got stuck in Oblivion for about a week. Played lots and lots of Pokémon Go, and also almost completed Far Cry 3. I also played the first episode of The Walking Dead: Michonne. But favourite game of the month still has to be Oblivion. I was sort of scared all the time the last time I played it and I accidentally rushed through it because of that. This time I'm taking my time and I'm rediscovering it and seeing it in a completely new light.

TV shows: This month I've watched Charmed, The Strain, The Tribe, and Fear the Walking Dead. Out of those four I have to say The Tribe, but mostly for nostalgic reasons. I watched it all the time when it was on TV 12-15 years ago and I loved it back then. So I decided to watch through the show properly, and although it's obvious it's a show for teens and children there's just so much nostalgia love that I can't help myself.

Other: Anything else important that happened in August? My love for Harry Potter was rekindled with the Cursed Child. Other than that, nothing really special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!