Thursday 11 August 2016

Playing Skyrim quest mods: Moonpath to Elsweyr

Next on my list of quest mods was Moonpath to Elsweyr, which literally takes your Dovahkiin to the land of the Khajiit.

I was really excited to try this mod, but while I sort of liked it I also feel like it fell flat. The scenery was amazing and I really felt like I had travelled from the chilly world of Skyrim to the damp jungles and arid deserts of Elsweyr. However, the quest line was very short and didn't feel well thought-out, like it had been hastily prepared and not quite finished.

When you arrive in Elsweyr you're almost immediately pulled into the Khajiiti attempt to defend their homeland against the Thalmor intrusion. There are also a bunch of side quests, all lore friendly (if you're on top of your Elsweyr lore - mine was kind of rusty). I really liked how the quests played out, but I feel like they came to an abrupt end, like the quest line was intended to go on for longer but the creator lost inspiration and just finished the thing instead.

The mod was worth the time for the scenery, the new armour you get as a reward for a simple side quest, and for my favourite part - the airships! I just wish it didn't feel so incomplete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!