Monday 1 June 2015

A proper update for once!

This whole getting my blogging business up and running again didn't really work out. But I'm gonna try to make random posts again about my uninteresting life :P Maybe someone will enjoy it. In any case here's something similar to a proper update about what I've been up to the past two months.

I'm tired as all hell. I've been up since 2 pm yesterday. Being up for 29 consecutive hours will do that. And it's no good! I wanted to finish reading my book before tomorrow and that's most probably not going to happen while I'm this tired. Instead I'll probably start up the next first season of some random TV show that I have lying around on my old hard drive, from when I got the ambition to see every show I heard people talk about + some that I hadn't watched in ages. That hasn't been going well, although I'm still trying to catch up and go through everything I have on that hard drive. Thus, explaining the list to the right, I assume. This far, Falling Skies, Orphan Black, Under the Dome and Sleepy Hollow seem the most promising. Most episodes of the first season of Grimm are either boring or laughable. I can't decide if Pretty Little Liars is too girly for me or if I actually like it. After watching an entire season of Merlin I still don't understand what people love about it. I'm still waiting for the 'horror' part of American Horror Story, Fringe was scarier than AHS at times. And Buffy is still as amazing as she was 12 years ago.

The book I mentioned is the second H.P. Lovecraft anthology by Gollancz: Eldritch Tales. I have a little less than 200 pages to go, which I could manage in less than four hours if I wasn't this tired. The last few months I've been reading too little for my liking. I devoured The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith a.k.a J.K. Rowling, which came as a surprise since I wasn't too fond of her first crime novel, The Cuckoo's Calling, but I just couldn't put The Silkworm down and I finished it in a day. Then I decided to take on a challenge (which is probably the reason why I haven't read as much as I'd like): Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in Japanese. It took me a month and I kept having flashbacks to being 8 years old. I had decided long before that I wanted to read a proper book in Japanese, but I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, so the obvious choice was a children's book. Stone is by no means an easy book although it's a children's book, but because it's a children's book it has furigana next to every single kanji, which makes reading a lot easier since my kanji is a little rusty. Reading was also made easier by the fact that I've read the same book in English and Swedish about 20 times (not kidding), so even if I didn't completely understand a sentence I knew what it meant either way because I knew exactly what that sentence said in the English and/or Swedish versions.

I've come across a rough patch in ESO, otherwise I'd probably start that up and just lazy play. But as much as I love running through Morrowind, Black Marsh and Skyrim in the Ebonheart Pact, and exploring Summerset Isles, Valenwood and Elsweyr in the Aldmeri Dominion, I am 100% absolutely bored by High Rock and to some extent Hammerfell in Daggerfall Covenant. I don't even know why, but every time I get to Glenumbra my game time wanes, because I get so frickin bored there. I have finally managed to get to the Alik'r Desert, which means I'm through more than half of boring DC. Can't wait to get to AD. Even Craglorn and Cyrodiil are better than DC... I think I'm starting to rethink my goal of having a max level toon in each alliance... I think I'm just gonna go with max level EP and AD. My EP is Veteran 5, and my original AD is Veteran 13, though I'm working on a new AD which is currently on lvl 7 :P I still considered my old AD toon important enough to get to be in a guild group shot at least :)
 Old screenshots of Summerset Isles, Skyrim, Hammerfell, Morrowind, Valenwood, and Elsweyr

In other news I have two new part time jobs. I now have packing boxes on Mondays, then there's a job in health care for mentally disadvantaged people, I'm at one place until Midsummer then I don't know where I'll end up, but hopefully at a place I like! I also got a summer job at a tourist agency, which I'm really excited about and I'm hoping that I get to make use of more than my English this summer. Getting to speak Japanese with Japanese people again would be amazing. And these past few weeks I've actually had to turn down three job offers for more part time jobs. I just don't have enough days in the week anymore. Would you look at that?! Completely unemployed for 1½ years (which I've discovered isn't even considered a long time, but it sure feels like it!) and then the jobs just keep pouring in :P I'm just hoping that my silver lining will be getting my book published, but it's looking rather bleak.

Now I'm off to do some packing. Will spend several hours in a car tomorrow with way too excited people travelling south to spend a total of 6 days on Sweden Rock Festival - camping, drinking and rocking. It's gonna be awesome! :D

2 comments:

  1. Hoppas du får det awesome på swedenrock!
    Jag älskar Orphan Black! :DDDD Kände exakt samma sak ang pretty little liars i början.. men kunde inte riktigt lägga ner.. nu är jag som en slav under serien x'D (men det blir mindre girlygirl längre fram, även om lite yhe)
    Just nu läser jag #Girlboss, är lite småsvag för biografier, men mina fingrar har under en tid kliat efter H.P. Lovecraft....... Så nu blir det nog så.
    I mitt spelande har ESO ännu en gång fått ta ett kliv åt sidan efter min intensiva reunion (tog paus efter att jag köpt den limiterade jeopardmountet) det eso klivit åt sidan för är min nya kärlek, Witcher the wold hunt!!!! <3 ... och så har jag fått ett XboxOne i födelsedagspresent och jag är lite overloaded. Har ju också ett jobb och knappt någon tid X'D

    Ha det fint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweden Rock var fantastiskt! :D Kommer blogga om det senare.
      Tror det var från din blogg jag hörde talas om Orphan Black faktiskt! :) Kommer fortsätta titta på PLL, speciellt nu när serien bara har en säsong kvar och jag faktiskt kan se ett slut som motiverar mig xD
      Biografier är absolut inte min grej. Det känns alldeles för mycket som skolböcker imo :P Men sambon älskar sina biografier så each to his/her own :P Det lutar åt att jag läser klart min Lovecraft-bok imorgon iaf :)
      Sambon sitter också och spelar Witcher 3 för fulla muggar nu :) Jag är väldigt nyfiken på det men vill spela de två första spelen innan jag tar mig an trean. Så får se när det blir av.

      Delete

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!