Thursday 30 January 2014

Nostalgic Harry Potter computer games

Yesterday night for some reason I became extremely nostalgic and decided to dig out my old disc of the Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone PC game. It was one of my favourites when I was younger and when it was originally released I did have some troubles with it. Moving platforms and jumping puzzles were complicated for a 10 year old newbie gamer :P

I was a little wary at sarting it again, because I had tried a couple of years back and back then the saving function hadn't been working on my disc. So I was pleasantly surprised to discover that this time it did work :D The graphics are really cute for such an old game. The only thing that actually bothers me (and I remember it bothered me when I was 10 years old too) is that none of the characters move their faces or their mouths when they talk. They just nod and move their hands while you hear them talking. It's weird. 

Another thing that I've noticed now is that this game does something that's very common among older games. Everything in the games is on one level, fairly easy and a lot of fun, then comes the boss fight at the end and the difficulty level is suddenly multiplied by 10. I know what to do at the end fight, I have finished the game about three times before. I'm just sort of annoyed when Voldemort can fire heat-seaking spells while all I can do is rotate a freakin' mirror and hope for the best. The boss fight is kind of annoying tbh, but I really enjoy everything else about the game. 

Did you know that Quirrell snaps his own neck? xD I saw that in the game and was all: O_O ...wtf?


I think I'm going to skip the boss fight of Philosopher's Stone and head on with Chamber of Secrets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!