Monday 1 July 2013

Skyrim - the other layers

One thing I love about Skyrim is the fact that there are lots of small independent stories going on inside the game but outside the various questlines. There are a lot of Unmarked Locations throughout Skyrim - mostly Hunter, Fisherman and Bandit Camps, but also a whole deal more fun things. And ofc there are some really interesting Easter Eggs as well. Some of which I've decided to share with you.


Some of these were hard to find, some I had walked past a million times without really noticing. But it was always a lot of fun finding these small stories within the game. Then there are the Easter Eggs. I'll only share some that I can relate to, but there are so many more as you'll see if you click the link above. 


MY CABBAGES!!! T_T
Reference to the cartoon TV-series
Avatar: The Last Airbender
Excalibur. The sword of King Arthur.










The Headless Horseman
The Sword in the Stone. Another
King Arthur reference









Star Wars reference. Luke Skywalker
stuck in ice. The sword on the ground
should probably represent his lightsaber.
Three Billy Goats Gruff reference.
Dead troll under the bridge and goats
are occasionally seen crossing both
over and under the bridge.











In the 90's some scientists found a mammoth frozen solid in ice.
This is a representation of that. This one has obviously been
killed by the Dwemer during their time of greatness. This due
to Dwemer arrows and ancient spears stuck in its side.
But now I'm pretty done with Skyrim. I'll probably open it up some more times and do some radiant quests as well as trying to fix those last Achievements and those last miscellaneous quests that I haven't done yet. But other than that I consider myself done, and I'll probably get started on Oblivion soon. (I'm going backwards!) Some random cool pictures of glitches, random moments and beautiful scenery:

1 comment:

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!