Tuesday 16 August 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 - Again!

Yesterday I went to the cinema again to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. This time with my best friend. I had finished reading the book on Sunday and with the book now in fresh memory I wanted to see what I thought of the film this time.

Well, I can say that a lot is changed. Still I'm mad that they did nothing of Percy's reunion with his family and Fred's death... Why oh why did they destory a wonderful scene from the book like that? The wands bother me in the final battle between Harry and Voldemort. That connection is only supposed to be possible with Harry's original wand along with Voldemort's original. It's not possible when Harry's got Draco's wand and Voldemort's got Dumbledore's! Why do they have to make it so dramatic on film? In the book Harry shoots Expelliarmus at exactly the same time as Voldemort shoots Avada Kedavra. Harry's being the stronger spell of the two, Avada Kedavra crashes with Expelliarmus and rebounds on Voldemort who is thus killed by his own hand.

And WHY did they destroy Neville's moment of awesomeness!??!?! There's no friggin' hunt for the snake. Neville kills it in front of everybody at the same time he pulls the sword from the Sorting Hat!!!! Don't ruin my favourite book!

Like Kajsa said: they have exchanged the fun moments from the book with fun moments of their own creation. I love when McGonagall says that she always wanted to try that spell, and I love how it's Hermione's idea to escape on the dragon (in the book it's Harry's). But I miss Ravenclaw Tower. I hate how Harry's whole talk with Helena Ravenclaw turned out in the film.

But on the whole I actually like the film much more than the others. DH part 1 and 2 are the best Harry Potter films since Chamber of Secrets. Prisoner of Azkban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince are all blasphemous.

I'm not all that sad that it's over anymore. From the interviews I've seen Rowling seems to be having a hard time saying goodbye to Harry as well. Now I have Pottermore, and thanks to Pottermore it feels like it'll never end.
We're the Harry Potter generation


2 comments:

  1. *sigh* Alan Rickman. Such a brilliant actor, and the best Snape there possibly could have been.

    You're right, Pottermore does give the feeling that it's not over. It'll be exciting to see what it will be like =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that Snape is supposed to be between 30 and 40 in the books and Rickman is what? Above 60? :P But yes, Rickman is the best Snape there could possibly be.

    Rowling actually described Harry like "one of those old boyfriends that you can't really say goodbye to"

    ReplyDelete

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!