Sunday 2 May 2010

COEX Aquarium

So for today I wanted to take it slow and get up when I awoke on my own. This was made very difficult by my Canadian room mates who were getting up around 8am to get to some friends' wedding :/ Nice for them, but couldn't they have been more quiet?

When I really woke up it was around 10.30am and after showering I decided to go on a little adventure and explore Seoul's tube. It was kind of easy when I started getting used to it :) I went to Samseong to go to an aquarium I had looked up on the Internet. For some weird reason it was located inside a huge mall and it was hard to find. But when I did it was so worth it :D Except for fish it also had small mammals and reptiles and spiders and scorpions :) I've never seen a beaver so up-close before ;) But the best part was the underwater tunnel. That was the biggest aquarium there and it had sharks and huge sea turtles and other small fish in it :) That was just great. Apparantly that aquarium's main thing was the African manatee and I managed to catch it just when they were feeding them...

They also had some weird things. Like a two-headed turtle and hedgehogs. I just had to take a picture of the hedgehogs, cause since when do you have hedgehogs in an aquarium? They are everywhere! xD

After the aquarium I had some more time so I originally planned on going to a second location I had looked up on the net, but I happened to take a wrong turn at some point and ended up spending an hour in a huge bookstore. I bought a Korean textbook for English users who wants to learn Korean. So I'll try to get started with that again. I'm getting sick of not understanding anything xD

Tonight there's a Korean BBQ party at the hostel. The food is delicious and ofc there's booze. But after drinking just two days ago, I don't really feel like it today so I'm just gonna socialize a little tonight ^^ There are some new people and the German boys left just an hour ago so it could be fun, although it feels kind of quiet without the Canadian people here :P

2 comments:

  1. Jag kommer ihåg att det var en sån tunnel på akvariet i Barcelona som vi gick in i, fast med hajar och rockor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Den har tunneln hade oxa hajar och rockor...

    ReplyDelete

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!