Sunday 25 April 2010

Friday to Sunday

Friday it was raining. For lunch we went to have sushi at the usual place and with it came a surprise. A sushiroll with whole mini-squids! :O It looked so weird but ofc I had to try it - and it turned out to be delicious! :) After lunch I, Laura and Gan went to karaoke to kill some time before they were going to see a baseball match together with Julian. I on the other hand went to Starbucks to have something warm to drink and to study some kanji.

Saturday has become my do-nothing-day. It's like the day when I recover from the adventures of the week and just hang around the computer all day. Kind of nice and relaxing. Although the weather was wonderful yesterday I only made one trip outdoors - to buy lunch at the convenience store across the street :P

Today on the other hand the first thing I did after I went up and had breakfast was to go out. I took the subway to Shinjuku Gyoen National Park and sat around studying kanji and writing some of my story. Sometimes just laying around. There was a really cute little Japanese girl running around giving acorns to everyone and saying Totoro while she was doing it. She was about 1 or 2 years old maybe and it was so cute just watching her. I also managed not to get tanned at all despite being in direct sunlight for about 2 hours :/

After a while I left the park to go to Starbucks again and have something cold to drink - the Frappuccinos are just heavenly. There I sat for about an hour just writing on my story and drinking wonderful vanilla/cream blend frappuccino :P

This day has been perfectly spring-y. Just to add to that the Sakura-shinmachi sakuras are blooming. Apparantly, according to my hostmother, these are sakura version 2 and they bloom a little later than version 1. And these are pink! ^^

1 comment:

What's the first thought in your head after reading this? Let me know!